Tuesday, September 8, 2009

To Do List for this Week

We went to my in-laws farm last weekend and came home with lots of farm food. We have eggs, tomatoes (that were from seed that I started~yay!), cucumbers, peppers, sweet corn (that Big Girl helped plant), and potatoes.

Instead of going to the grocery store, I pulled out a box of milk from the pantry and put a roll of frozen oj in the fridge to make juice with later. I'm also out of chocolate syrup and sandwich bread. It's going to be a full day in the kitchen making and baking food for my family but that's ok.

I plan to make:

Boiled eggs for snacks, quick breakfasts and sandwiches
Chocolate syrup (done)
Cheater pickles (save your old pickle juice- Claussen works well and put peeled and thinly sliced cucumbers in it to soak. In a few days you will have crunchy, tasty pickles.) (done)
Frozen corn (done)
Wheat bread (minus the herbs for a sandwich bread) (done)
Freezer Spaghetti Sauce (done- this recipe is too salty so next time I will cut that in half)

This is what I'll be doing this week instead of grocery shopping. I don't can. I have no experience, knowledge or supplies. I am willing to learn but when freezing things seems so much easier and cheaper for me right now.

No comments:

Google