Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A personal products hiatus of sorts and what I've learned.

Except for a few can't pass up deals and Walgreens freebies I've been trying to avoid buying personal products for myself since last January.

I've learned a few things about myself and what I like and what I don't and where I'll spend my beauty product money in the future.

Lancome eyeshadows and cheek blushes are worth my money because the color is so pigmented and they last a long time. When I need more (which won't be for a long time) I'll wait until I can get free shipping, ebates cash back, and free deluxe samples.

My favorite mascara was on clearance at Family Dollar for .90 cents. But, even at a standard $1.50 a pop I'll continue to buy L.A. Colors Lash Building Mascara. I did not like Rimmel Glam Eyes or any Maybelline mascara I've tried lately.

I'm happy using generic baby lotion for a quick hand cream during the day and free samples from Wal-Mart keep my purse stocked. But, for slathering on before bed I need something more emollient like Gold Bond Therapy Lotion.

My favorite lip products are more on the sheer side. I feel too made up for day to day tasks with opaque lipstick. I keep Sally Hansen lip treatment in Soothing Spice and a sample tube of Calgon Get Juic'd lip shimmer in juicy nude in my purse. Unfortunately I don't think they make the Calgon lip gloss anymore which is a shame because it is great.

No matter how many free bottles of Garnier Fructis Walgreens gives out, I don't like their shampoo or conditioner. Their hair stying items on the other hand are great. Truth be told, I have yet to find my must have shampoo. I do best by mixing it up here and there.

I don't have time to do my nails anymore so I don't pay for nail polish. If it's free on a rebate that's great. Until then I'll use what I have when I have a special occasion.

No comments:

Google