Friday, January 18, 2008

Frugal Burnout Bandwagon

Since Meredith and everyone else seems to be talking about this, I think I'll join in on the discussion.

Since the beginning of the year my only real resolution has been not to purchase any more personal care items. Despite a lack of time to do my nails or fix my hair up I still love those bottles of fancy lotion, a good lipgloss, and new hairspray. I love it so much that I have a huge collection of beauty and personal care products clogging up valuable space in our bathroom. But, it's hard for me to get excited about using products that I have lying around when there are all these deals/freebies for new lipsticks and lotions and potions. I have made a concerted effort to delete those emails from Clinique and Lancome that give me free shipping with an extra bag of goodies. I have a major weakness for nice cosmetics so I wince whenever I see what I am passing up. I also haven't been clipping coupons for any personal care items either so I'm not tempted to buy. Clipping and sorting coupons is a lot faster now too.


I find that it's easier for me to be frugal most of the time when I allow myself small extravagances some of the time. A small cafe mocha from Starbucks once a month or a new sale book from Barnes and Noble can really take the edge off of the frugality lifestyle once in a while for me.

No comments:

Google