Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


Hubby dropped me off at Aldi after our lunch out so I could pick up a few things. I couldn't resist a 3.99 bouquet of flowers and chocolate hazelnut wafers.

When I got in the car I said, "You got me roses and chocolate for Valentines. Thanks."

He gave me a big smile because after 12 years of marriage I know he loves me and gift romantic buying is really not his thing. The first few years of marriage he sent me expensive bouquets from delivery florists. Those were great and I was happy to get them. But, I'm no less thrilled by cheaper flowers and the savings are substantial.

The man works hard all week, helps care for the kids when he's home, comes home every night to his family, and provides for whatever we need. I don't need him to spend a lot of money to tell me he loves on one day of the year when he tells me he loves me everyday in so many other ways.
Happy Valentines Day, Sweetie! Thanks for knocking out that mortgage payment every month.

No comments:

Google