Monday, September 22, 2008

What's for dinner: Look in your freezer

This picture is from this post. Still having camera difficulties.

I was blanking this morning which is when I normally figure out what to make for dinner. I quizzed Hubby on his cravings relentlessly until he got annoyed. Sigh.
Not wanting to turn to a meal out when I have all day to prepare a meal, I turned to my freezer for inspiration. My normal fall back is spaghetti but we had that last week and my stock pile of cheap ragu sauce is low. In the freezer I found an opened bag of garlic toast. Hmm. What can I make that isn't spaghetti? Then I found a frozen bag of snap peas that I got on sale fresh for .99 cents a few months ago. In the pantry I had half a pack of linguine noodles. In the fridge I have parmesan cheese, carrots, onions, milk (from powder) and saved chunky potato water from last weeks mashed potatoes.
I'm making linguine primavera.
It's still noodles, but it's not spaghetti.
I'm also going to whip up some banana bread and some sweet potato muffins to pop in the oven tonight while I am heating up the garlic toast. That way I only have to heat the oven once and breakfast for tomorrow is ready.

Lunch is peanut butter spread on toasted cinnamon bread (.99 cent clearance at Save-A-Lot- bought two and froze one loaf), grapes, lemonade and goldfish crackers.

Tomorrow we're having crock pot chili and corn bread since we're going to be busy tomorrow.
Whew. Now I don't have to think about food until Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious!

Google