Sunday, September 21, 2008

Frugal Dog Ownership

We are really enjoying our new dog despite the extra hair and the frequent doggie bag pick ups from the yard and walks.

I went online to order a id tag for her and the cost of shipping was more than the price of the tag. My neighbor told me to just go to Petco and buy one from the engraving machine. It was still $7.50 but cheaper than ordering online and I didn't have to wait to get it in the mail.

It's also very beneficial for me to take her for walks. I'm rethinking that treadmill desire since we're doing a walk or two (or three) around the neighborhood every day.

While I know it's not a good idea to switch your dog's food around all the time I couldn't help but sign up for coupons and freebies from dog food companies. Dog Food companies are a lot like diaper and formula companies. They want to get their product into your hands so you keep buying it.

So far she's working out great and giving me a great work out. What we'll spend in lint rollers for doggy hair we'll make up for in kisses and food spill detection and clean up. Everyone with toddlers should have a dog at their disposal for meal time. In fact, Little Guy is staring to get upset that the dog eats food that he sees as his since it has dropped from his plate onto the floor.
He had quite a fit this morning over his spilled Kix balls getting slurped up by a happy Abby dog. Like we were going to put the spilled cereal back into his bowl. EWWW.

1 comment:

Georgi said...

We have a chihuahua that we call the vacuum cleaner as he cleans up while I cook. Much easier than sweeping the floor afetr dinner :-)

Google