Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A short break from my to do list.

Little Guy is snotty so I rescheduled his gymnastics class. Instead I put him in the stroller and we walked the dog all around the neighborhood. Whew. If I can keep this up I definitely won't get a treadmill.

I assembled my crockpot chili with green peppers from our garden and beans and tomato sauce that I cooked and froze a few months ago. I also threw in some tvp with the rest of the mashed potato water that I saved from last weeks tofu parmesan (very eh) with mashed potato side experiment. I'm going to try Hillbilly Housewife's Bread Machine Corn bread to save time tonight.

I've been thinking about doing the $45 Emergency Menu from the Hillbilly Housewife website. I know there's no way that I can duplicate the $45 dollar amount- grocery prices have risen too much. Also, I have to substitute veg. hot dogs and tofu for meat hot dogs and tuna which would increase my costs. But, I think once I clean out the fridge and freezer a little more this challenge will be very appealing.

Happy First Day of Autumn!
Tomorrow we'll be baking fall themed sugar cookies. I'll have to make the dough tonight.

No comments:

Google