Thursday, July 3, 2008

Patriotic and Frugal Foods- Eating What We Have.

I'm scrounging in our pantry for 4th of July foods for a small feast for the four of us. I'm making quickie baked beans and grilled veggie dogs and grillers. We splurged on juicy peaches at Costco so instead of watermelon we'll be having that. I don't have potatoes for salad so I may make a cold pasta salad. I spent a dollar on a cake mix with red and blue decorations. I'll make my own frosting. Or I could make a dump cake with it and skip the frosting altogether. Or we can eat it plain- cake is it's own reward.

I used this coupon to get a box of Bomb Pops at Wal-Mart for .50 cents.

We'll be taking the kids to see Fireworks instead of buying our own. I'm looking forward to a nice holiday weekend.

Happy 4th!

This is a quote from a frugal founding father, Ben Franklin:

Waste neither time nor money, but make the best use of both. Without industry and frugality, nothing will do, and with them everything.

1 comment:

Red said...

We had a cook in and ny daughter took her veggie dog and did fine. When it is a pot luck, we make sure we take a veggie dish, so she can eat at leat what we bring.

I wish more folks would cook without meat.

Google