Sunday, April 6, 2008

Good Times.



It's a beautiful weekend here in sunny St. Louis. Hubby and Big Girl spent the better portion of yesterday outside working on our drainage pipe issue. He took big chunks of concrete from our driveway repair and filled in the ditch he dug out with the rocks to help with soil erosion. The rest will get tucked under the bay window areas where our sneaky house cats like to hide when they find a way out of the house. I love it when we find a use for things that normally would go in the garbage.

I'm itching to go outside and sprinkle flower and herb seed but the dirty dishes from all of this eating at home has the made kitchen a complete disaster.

Today for lunch I reheated the last three of our veggie dogs. When I want vegetarian baked beans I normally buy Bush's Vegetarian beans (sale stock up). We have no Bush beans. This is what I did instead:

Quickie Beans

1/3 diced onion sauteed in a tablespoon of oil. 1-2 tbs. of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of catsup mixed into cooking onions. 1 tsp. of onion powder. Add a drained can of kidney beans. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until it's thickened and bubbly.

This was so good and easy that I think I'll never want to buy canned baked beans again.

Now all of our bread is gone and the dirty dishes are piled up. To work I go.

No comments:

Google