Monday, October 8, 2007

Pantry Challenge Renewal



Yeah, so it still *looks* full. But, I assure you that it is about half empty of what it used to have in it. I also had enough space to rearrange everything to where it was supposed to go so that it will now be more user friendly. I also took out some big boxes and extra stuff out of the bottom so I could use that space when we bring in stuff from Cosco.

It was nice to come home to a partially empty larder. I had frozen our milk so it wouldn't go bad before we left on our trip. But, I still needed a quick trip to the grocery store to refill our stock items of milk, eggs, bread, and fruit.

I did get some extra stuff to round out our meals as I was missing some favorite veggies like corn, spinach and mushrooms. And I splurged on some sliced cheese and a bottle of diet lemonade. All in all not too bad for one weeks worth of food.



And now it's time to make dinner. We're having boca burger 'tips' in brown gravy and grilled onions on rice and a side of cheesy broccoli.

1 comment:

jonceramic said...

My wife is being modest. Go back to the Original pictures.

Every shelf was double stacked, to the max, and disorganized because there was no room to group things. There was no room to set anything on the shelf.

Now, we go in the pantry, and breath a sigh of relief. Instead of searching like crazy to find things because we crammed them in haphazardly... now, we can sort out the beans in one spot, and the rice in another spot.

See the shelf of bags of things? It's all our various weird pasta and asian noodles.

Not only have we cleaned up, but we've eaten all kinds of cool things we bought but never got around to eating. The other day, it was egg drop soup with dried sea weed. It was awesome. She's so great with coming up with new things.

Awesome job, Honey! Love you!

Google