Tuesday, October 9, 2007

In my book bag: Debt-Proof The Holidays

One thing that I asked sweetie to get me for my birthday (other than a big fat cake) was a copy of Mary Hunt's "Debt-Proof The Holidays: How to have an all-cash Christmas".

I just picked up our mail from the post office and I was so glad to see that envelope in the pile.

I'm not expecting anything major to change my way of thinking about Christmas shopping.
But, I'm hoping it will inspire me to stick with the plan and not overbuy. I'm even thinking of getting out a few rolls of wrap and labels right now so I know for sure who I am done buying for.

Anyway, I'll let you all know if it's a pass, a library borrow or a definite keeper in the next week or so.

I'll have to regale you later with my tales of Goodwill and Big Lots shopping from this morning. Right now I have fourteen minutes to make beds and gather laundry before I have to leave the house.

No comments:

Google