Monday, October 8, 2007

$Big Ouch$ Big Fun

Since we moved into our current house a year ago we've talked about getting a playland for the kids.
We've looked at the sets at Cosco, the metal swingsets at Wal-Mart and the big company sets that go into big money. Our generous in-laws donated $2500 to the cause because they are suckers for their grandchildren.
And it's been months and we've hemmed and we've hawed because we want quality but we hate the price tag. Today we finally put the order in-- I think it's somewhere in the
$3200 range for the clearance set we decided upon.
I can't help feeling stupid for spending money this way although I know the kids will use the heck out of it and if we do need to sell our house soon it is a selling point.
There are no parks within walking distance either.
I feel incredibly blessed that -right now- we can afford to pay for it up front. (using our discover card and getting cash back helps too.)

Our daughter is already really excited about it so I think it's gonna be a good thing. Just that right now it kinda hurts a bit.
I hope nothing breaks on our house or car soon.

No comments:

Google