Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's On the Menu

I made a slap dash menu board with a framed flower picture I had set aside to garage sale. I really like it but had no place to hang it.

This Spring I was lucky enough to find a pre 1986 copy of a Betty Crocker cook book in good condition (Amy D fan's who know about the potato bread recipe) for 50 cents at a thrift store in Alabama. Sunday I flipped through it and chose a few recipes to fill out my menu for the week. I picked recipes that would would use items we had on hand so a special trip to the grocery store is not required.

Monday- Spaghetti with Mushroom Sauce (the mushroom sauce is a flour and milk based gravy with mushrooms, reminiscent of canned mushroom soup but tastier)

Tuesday- Tastefully Simple Beer Bread and Cheese and Potato Soup (using up things in pantry for a quick but tasty dinner)

Wednesday- Hash browns (recipe in book), scrambled eggs and watermelon

Thursday- Cheese and Rice Pie (recipe in book)

Friday- Deep Dish Veggie Pizza (recipe in book)

Saturday- Leftovers (if we have any)

1 comment:

JodieMo said...

I am so jealous! I LOVE TWG and I have yet to find an actual pre-1986 Betty Crocker. I have had to rely on copies other people have given me. The soup sounds wonderful! You should post the recipe!

Google