Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Best of My Garden 2010

My new favorite frugal flamboyant flower is the Nasturtium. I sprinkled many packages of outdated (by like 3-5 years) seeds and the Nasturtiums were the clear winner in the heartiness and longevity category. I also like how big the seeds are so they are easy to plant and the unusual roundness of the leaves make it easy to discern it from weeds. I'm sure this packet didn't cost more than a quarter.

Here are some volunteer pumpkins from last years Halloween decorations growing right on our front stoop. I don't know if we'll actually get a pumpkin or not but I think the foliage is nice.
This is my first year attempting to grow zucchini. This is in front of our house but isn't visible from the street since we have some large bushy plants for coverage.

No comments:

Google