Friday, January 22, 2010

Pantry Challenge Day 22

Breakfast- whole grain pancakes and veg. sausage for the whole family.
Lunch- Big Girl has tofurky & cheese sandwich, pretzels, carrot sticks and a juice box. I'm having soup. Little Guy is having pbj and mandarin orange slices. Hubby is going out to lunch.
Dinner- Homemade veggie pizza.

I made a fruit pie with a few slightly outdated cans of fruit from the pantry. Now that I know how to make an easy crust I am no longer afraid of making pie. I just whip up a crumb topping with some baking mix, oats, a little butter and some sugar and we're good to go. I didn't add any sugar to the pie as the syrup was sugary enough. I did add 1/2 tsp. of baking soda to the filling to make it a little sweeter. It turned out great. Next time I would add a little cornstarch to the syrup to make it thicker though.

No comments:

Google