Saturday, September 19, 2009

Why I love garage sales

I've been trying to stay away from garage sales this summer because I've been concentrating on purging my own stuff. But, today I tagged along with a friend and bought Big Girl a bicycle and a barely used pair of Timberland shoes for myself. Total for both was $4.50.

Zappos has the same shoes on sale for $77.

I managed to earn my first paycheck in seven years today also. Three hours of babysitting at a friend's synagogue during Rosh Hashanah adult services netted me $54. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing bargain on those shoes!

I love garage sales too, though I didn't make it to very many this year. They really are my favorite summer entertainment though, when I'm feeling well. You just never know what you might find.

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

If you found about $150 worth of merchandise for $4.50, you not only got a paycheck, you won the yard sale lottery! ;o)

Google