Saturday, August 1, 2009

Please Help!

When I was two years old my Uncle Leroy was shot and killed by man named John S. Martin while he (Martin) was robbing a gas station. I don't have words to describe how this has touched my family. I have exactly one memory of my beloved Uncle and I remember how happy I was to be with him then. He was my Grandma's only son and her pride and joy and having him taken from her at such a young age (he was 23) was more than a devastating loss. He was a wonderful brother and son and I am sure he would have been an excellent father.

Uncle Leroy's killer is up for parole in a few weeks and I need your help
. John Martin has never apologized or shown any remorse for his actions. We have no reason to believe or hope that he has been rehabilitated.
Could you please find it in your heart to sign this petition to keep him in jail?

Keeping a Killer Behind Bars

4 comments:

Malibu Niki said...

Hello. I've been lurking here for a few months now - just wanted to let you know I signed the petition in support. I'm sorry for your and your family's loss. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about how myspace works but will look and see if I can sign the petition.

I am so sorry for your loss and the pain of the potential release of your uncle's killer is causing you and your family. There's absolutely no reason I can imagine why he should be released.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry. What a terrible loss. I'll definitely sign.

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Thanks so much guys. This was terribly hard on my Grandma to know that the man who was responsible for her son's malicious murder could go free. The last time he was up for parole- she stood outside of the WalMart and begged for signatures. She was 84 at the time. I know she would do this again if she were still alive but I am doing what I can in her stead. Thanks for helping.

Google