Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A New Set of Goals For My Family.

Chaos has descended on my home this year. Recently I took a quiz that asked me if I liked where I live and I answered "not really." I am surprised by this truth. We have a nice house. We have nice neighbors. We're in a cute suburban area that fits us with everything we need in close proximity and our kids are in great schools. So, what is my problem?

I have no goals for myself anymore other than the things I feel like I must do just to function on a daily basis- make beds, do one load of laundry and keep up with the dishes. Everything else- Everything is in utter chaos and the worse it gets the more discouraged I get. And this chaos is terrible for everyone- including my pets, one or two of which have started using the toy room and foyer as their personal litter box.

So, I can't concentrate on doing frugal things right now other than doing the things that come automatically to me anyway: Use coupons for what we buy anyway, buy generic, and use what we have up before we replace it. You won't be hearing about a fabulous new bread recipe, coupon, or craft that I've discovered because I am starting from scratch again.

Tomorrow my most likely candidate for the litter box issue is going to the vet for a check up and to get shots. He's getting a collar with a tag and a chance to rediscover the wild outdoors of our backyard. I think he'll like being an in/out kitty.

Right now I've got laundry and dishes to do and then I'm going to go pick up in the cat pee problem areas and see what needs to be scrubbed up. Sigh.

If you don't hear from me for awhile it's because I'm busy climbing out of chaos. To hopefully emerge happier in a a home that we all enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand. We've lived in utter chaos all summer because of my sickness. I just couldn't do anything. I'm slowly starting to catch up now, but I keep finding things that I either screwed up or forgot. It's upsetting to me, but this is just a time in my life, so I'm trying to not be too hard on myself.

The worse day for me was when Bee couldn't find any clean clothes that matched, she had no clean underwear, we had no clean towels, and the girls had cheese, pretzels, and orange juice for lunch, because we had no groceries. Sad.

Meredith said...

I know that for me this is a constant tension. It waxes, it wanes, and some months are better than others.

Here's to getting back on a good school routine!

Anonymous said...

Good luck digging out from the chaos and getting your children settled into school for the year.

We all need a break from things that sap our time and energy to focus on what we need to focus on so best of luck and I will check back periodically to see when you pop back in.

Be well...

Andrea

Google