Thursday, April 9, 2009

Coupons- Somedays I wonder if it's worth it.


It's not often that I venture into a store without my box of coupons. I am that person clogging the aisle going through her coupons to match to an unexpected sale. I am that person who always has a few to a fistful of coupons to scan. I am also that person will stop you and ask if you need a coupon for something you are looking at and will gladly give you one of mine. And sometimes (like today) I am that person who argues the mis-scanned price on an advertised sale. It might have taken fifteen more minutes to check out but I did indeed get my cereal for .98 after coupon. As I left I wondered how much easier my life would be if I was one of those people who didn't even look at price and just filled their cart happily. However, I have never been one of those people and that I think helps with the whole "no consumer debt" thing. I especially cannot afford to stop using coupons now with the grocery prices rising so high. I often wonder why other people aren't taking the time to clip them.


Dierbergs Shopping:
1 Imperial Margarine- on sale for .59
2 Birdseye Frozen Veggies- on sale for .99 minus doubled .35 coupon so .29 each
2 Kelloggs Frosted Flakes- on sale for 1.98 minus coupons for $1 off so .98 cent each
2 pounds of apples-I grabbed the Granny Smith instead of the sale (.68 per pound sale priced Fuji) and spent more than I intended- $ 3.65
Nightime diapers and pull ups - too much $ but I had some coupons
McCormick vanilla extract- on the clearance shelf for .99 minus .75 coupon so .24 cents
McCormick seasoning salt- on the clearance shelf for .89 cents minus .75 coupon so .14 cents
4 green peppers- .99 (they wanted .99 apiece for the fresh ones but I found a 4 pack of discounted uglier ones. Already chopped and frozen by me so, who cares how pretty they are?)

Total 30.57


Potty training is coming along slowly. We're going through only two or three diapers a day now.
I let him run around naked when we're home too and that works pretty well. I am only buying diapers about once a month now and hope to be completely diaper free by summer. We do cloth diapers occasionally but he really hates them and rips them off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The joys of losing the diaper budget! My twins just made it into a dry all night phase so no more pullups at nap or nighttime. I thought it would never happen but it did. Yeah!

Good luck with the little guy's progress!

Andrea

Google