Sunday, December 28, 2008

Getting a head start on next Christmas.

Maybe it's the impending spending cuts slated for our family budget but I started buying small presents for next year.

Dollar General supplied the kid's 2009 ornaments for .50 cents apiece. This time we went with a religious theme.


I also found a 6 pack of Rayovak AAA batteries on clearance for $1.50 and used a $1 off coupon.

Walgreens supplied:
Peanuts Christmas themed activity pads stocking stuffers for .12 cents apiece.
Lip Smackers sets for $1.24 (small gifts for little girls I know)
A Glade Wisp Flameless Candle (.99 cents after coupon/rebate)
Glade Scented Oil Candle Holder set (.50 cents after coupon/rebate)


I also got Dawn dish washing detergent for .49 cents after MFR and store coupon.


Now that Walgreens has online rebate redemption the cost of a stamp is no longer a factor. I just have to wait for my Walgreens to get out their Revlon Matte collection out so I can get one more freebie for the gift tote.

FYI- the two Walgreens I went in today had a lot of make up clearance and mark downs. If you need new make up and have coupons you could really clean up in there. I however have more make up than I can ever wear and have taken to simply applying some old red lipstick or chapstick after I get out of the shower. Maybe another one of my resolutions will be to actually use my make up so people won't confuse me with my (handsome but still manly looking) husband. ; )

No comments:

Google