Monday, June 9, 2008

Home Again, Home Again , Jiggity Jig

I'm home after a long week with hubby's family.

We spent a week in a lovely log cabin in the woods of Pigeon Forge, TN. The Smoky Mountains are beautiful with abundant wildlife and wild flowers. We spent two long days at Dollywood amusing ourselves. That part was ok. But the best part was driving around Cades Cove for a whole day and soaking in the sheer beauty of it all. Plus, we saw a black bear on our return drive. It made my day.

Frugality wise, it wasn't an inspiring trip. Gas prices alone (which have reached $4 a gallon) were expensive. Add two nights in decent breakfast serving hotels, occasional gas station snacks (my weakness), a date night with dinner out (we shared appetizers) and a movie, a few outlet mall purchases and ridiculous treat prices at Dollywood and this was not a frugal trip.

But we had a good time and we're all glad to be home.
Sigh.

I'll post a few photos later. Back to laundry and unpacking.

1 comment:

Red said...

Glad you had a good time, and I am jealous...in a good way. but with our financial situation as bad off as it is, we will be strolling the mall this summer, nothing more.

Share meals, I do it all the time, with my hubby or daughter.

Google