Tuesday, May 13, 2008

SAHM business cards?

The other day I ran into a neighborhood Mom I know from the library and gymnastics class. I'm pretty shy about seeking out friends among the SAHM set. But, I got up my courage and told her that I'd like to have a few play dates this summer.
She handed me a business card with her information on it and told me that she'd ordered it online. Now this is an easy option for shy me to get to know other moms. They can call me or not and I don't have to go begging for phone numbers.

I just designed and ordered 250 Mom cards from Vista Print for $6.00 shipping.

What can you put on a Stay At Home mom card if you don't have a business to promote?
Well, if you think about everything you do all day- diaper changing, toy repair, meal prep, bathing squirmy toddlers, laundry- I'm sure you'll come up with something.
Mine included my children's names and ages so that the Moms I give my 'card' to will know who/why they got it from in case it gets lost in the depths of a purse or diaper bag.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I think business cards for moms are a great idea. It takes just as much organization, skill and dedication to successfully raise a family and keep your home safe, happy and in the black, maybe more, than to run a business.

You may be starting a trend with your SAHM peers too.

Sounds like you got a great bargain on them too.

Google