Thursday, May 15, 2008

Frugal Frump Fighting, Library Fines, and Salad Dressing Queries

Frump Fighting
Last year I always kept a small cosmetics bag in the car so I could do a quick make-up session while the kids were buckled. Lately there have been too many days where I just couldn't find the time to do it in the midst of breakfast and dressing until it was time to get in the car. Today I put together a small baggie of essentials and let the kids listen to Bob and Larry sing. I felt so much better with just five minutes of glam time in my driveway.
The number one most important thing to keep in the car beauty wise is a pair of tweezers. The outside light really highlights those stray hairs so well. Walgreens freebies, BOGO's and sample sizes are a few things to put in your emergency car kit.

Library Fines- tsk tsk
With our crazy schedule the past month I just had not had time to find all of our library materials and turn them in on time. We hadn't been to a story time in four weeks. Today I got everyone dressed, found that last library book that was way overdue, and loaded everyone up. I had almost ten dollars in library fees. That's the most I think I've ever paid. I'm definitely ready to start our weekly jaunts to the library again just so I can keep the fines at bay.

Salad Dressing Query

I almost always have a stockpile of cheap/Free Salad dressing and barbecue sauce in the pantry. Does anyone have any idea how long these things are actually good after the sell by date? Any ideas/recipes on how to use up these condiments besides slathering it on salad or meat?

1 comment:

Angela said...

Try the Kraft Foods website...www.kraftfoods.com...they have a ton of great recipes, alot of them including salad dressing as an ingredient. Also, there's a free magazine you can request that has recipes too! Happy cooking!

Google