Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A reason to Goodwill

A growth spurt has rendered a lot of Big Girls summer dresses immodestly short. Instead of casting them out I'm going to look for bicycle shorts or capri leggings at the Goodwill. After (salivating over) pricing a few cute Gymboree summer capri sets for her on Ebay, I decided that we will just make do with what we find. Thankfully her winter clothing needs are limited because she'll wear school uniforms everyday. We'll have a few play clothes to change into after school, some nice dresses, and a few nicer weekend outfits. Most of that is already stored in her closet from years of hunting bargains.

I broke down and bought Little Guy three summer short sets at TJ Maxx for $12.99 apiece. That's a lot more money than I normally spend but I tend to buy him less clothing anyway. Is that just a boy thing? The boy clothes are a lot easier to resist. The bulk of his clothing comes from Grandma's trips to the thrift store and my scavenging the 70% off rack at Target.

I'll plan a few hours of Saturday yard saling this Saturday if I come up empty handed.
Don't worry- I haven't forgotten my previous post about resisting 'stuffism'. After spending the last few days putting away things I brought home from a few short hours of cleaning my Grandma's house- the idea is still fresh.
Still it's cheaper to buy a few capris then whole new outfits- no matter how irresistible those matching sets with bows are.

No comments:

Google