Monday, May 12, 2008

Stuffed.

I haven't been doing a lot of frugal thinking/spending lately. I don't have a lot of information to impart on that particular subject. I did get three free Budweiser Basting Sauces by combing clearance sales with a coupon this morning. Two of them will be part of a Father's day gift.


I spent part of yesterday afternoon helping my Mom and Aunt clean up in my Grandma's house. Doing that is both sad and thought provoking. The piles of dusty magazines from the 80's, the unused shampoo samples, dessicated rubber bands, bags of plastic bags, the completely worn out stuff that she couldn't bear to part with, just all of it mostly destined for the trash made my nose burn and my heart sad. My Grandma had a good life and she loved and was loved. In the midst of the piles of trash there are treasures that we are glad to find. But, oh the getting there. I am more determined than ever to actually use and enjoy the stuff I have.
In the interest of keeping my Mother happy I have to tell you that my Grandma's house was not filthy- just stuffed to the gills.

What do I want my own legacy to be? I'd rather have more friends than stuff. I have less desire to cling to every memento from old boyfriends and friends that have passed through my life. Do I need my Brownie pins from third grade anymore? What place do they have in the life I want to make for myself?

Even though it's garage sale season I have no desire to join in. I haven't been to the Goodwill in three weeks. I don't plan on going unless I have a necessary item to buy. Stuff. Stuff? Stuff is in the way of the life I want.

Now I have to go and list up some old baby clothes on freecyle.

No comments:

Google