Saturday, April 5, 2008

What we've been eating

This was my tentative menu for last week. I was a day off so we skipped leftovers night.


Monday- cheesy veggie dog Pigs in a blanket (great scratch recipe for biscuits)- salad with lots of tomatoes. Cooked apples

Tuesday- Incredibly Easy Split Pea Soup, Bread and butter
*update- This soup recipe is easy and delicious! It makes a large pot too.*


Wednesday- Sloppy Joes (made with re-hyrdrated tvp. I was going to make a scratch sauce but found one can of Aldi Range Master sauce in the back of the pantry- green beans - orange slices


Thursday- leftovers smorgasbord - skipped because I was a day ahead.


Friday- Pizza Night (mushroom and veggie pepperoni)- ice cream for dessert. I made a scratch wheat crust with my breadmaker.


Saturday-
Breakfast- Blueberry pancakes made with Aldi baking mix, one egg, some vanilla, instant milk, and leftover yogurt (plain yogurt with honey and blueberries mixed in) that Big Girl turned her nose up to. Half a pack of frozen veg. sausage.

Lunch- Store brand white cheddar mac and cheese, broccoli from the freezer, leftover hot dog/hamburger buns, and re-heated sloppy joe mix.

Dinner- Planned: Ravioli from the freezer- leftover corn from the fridge (had planned on glazed carrots)- bread.
Instead we had fried potatoes that needed to be eaten, veggie patties, and fresh bread. Not that nutritious but very good.



Sunday-
Breakfast-
Oatmeal with raisins and brow sugar, leftover fried potatoes, sliced apples/oranges.

Lunch- Scrounged leftovers- veggie burgers on bread.

Lunch -Beanie veg. Weenie- corn bread- (make bbq beans)



This seems like a long boring list- I know. But, I thought someone would be interested in what we've been eating. This is hard.. today Hubby suggested we go to Taco Bell for lunch. But, I'm determined to make it to the week of the 22nd when we'll be out of town for a few days and I can eat out and buy food for our hotel room. When we come back from our short trip, I'll once again pick up my grocery money envelope to see how far we can stretch a buck. It's exciting to see the bulky boxes and plastic bottles start evaporating into the recycling bin as we use them up. Too much food clutter.

No comments:

Google