Sunday, April 6, 2008

Blog Day Afternoon

You know- I've been thinking that my blog has become my journal and perhaps I should save some of the minutiae for a written diary. Nah! This is more fun so sorry if I'm boring anyone to tears. Look away if you must- I'll understand. On with my blog post:


I love my Freecycle bread maker! Since I'm trying to be as miserly as I can until we get to the end of the month I'm trying to make as much of our food as I can. Today I made this English Muffin recipe. I needed a bread to make pbj's for kids and for hubby to make his breakfast burgers with.
The dough came out perfect and none of the ingredients were anything that I needed to get from a health food store.

I didn't have a big enough round cutter so I used a lid to a mulling spice container. It worked ok but next time I'll just shape the dough with my hands.



They fried up great with just a spritz of cooking spray.



Here they are. They seemed to shrink in diameter after I cut them. Next time I'll make them 1/2" wider.



They taste just like English Muffins- only better. My kitchen smells wonderful and there is a delightful crunch crack noise when you walk across the stray grains of corn meal. MMMM.



Today was lovely and a great time for doing lots of yard work. My Big Girl got completely dirty playing and helping. She knows me well too. When I told her she was filthy she stomped away from me loudly chanting, "No bath. No bath. No bath." Muddy little stinker.

We found a cute little friend hiding under the water hose. Little Guy was fascinated. He kept pointing at it and saying, "Ribbit. Ribbit."

My blessings are many.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow english muffins, I never knew you could make them. We love egg mcmuffins and this would be great to do them from scratch. You asked about the syrup. I don't use the butter flavouring either...I have no idea what that is and why you would not just use butter anyway. I just made some today and it turned out great. I was thinking of trying to reduce the sugar a little, seems like alote. I may next time as I don't want to shock everyone all at once.

Google