Thursday, March 6, 2008

Couponing at the 'good' Grocery Store - and Free Pizza for Readers

Our nice grocery store here is usually out of my price range despite it's pristine aisles and the variety of goods. But, it does double coupons up to .40 cents.


Last night I went thru the flier and matched my coupons with their sales and pulled out any good .40 cent and under coupons. This is what I bought:



Some of the Campbell's soup was on sale 10 for $1.00. I don't think one dollar is a good price for a can of soup so I normally buy the soup from Aldi or make my own. But, combined with my .40 cent coupons I bought eleven can of soup for .60 cents apiece. My stockpile of cream soups is ready for those casseroles and Bisquick pot pie recipes I've been avoiding. I had free product coupons for the Idahoan potatoes and the Yoplait yogurt which are normally things I would not buy. Aldi has great low fat yogurt and I usually make my potatoes from scratch or buy a big generic box of instant for thickening soups or quick dinners. But, I love free. The pizza rolls were on sale for $1.00 but I doubled a .40 cent coupon and got them for .20 cents. These are strictly junk food in my book and I wondered if I should even pay .20 cents.
But, we just checked out fresh library dvds so maybe they'll be a good movie/family night snack. The Riceland rice was normally .99 cents a box. The grocery store across town has them for .79 cents a box. But, I had .35 cent coupons (doubled) so I got these boxes for .20 cents. We eat a lot of brown rice so this was a great buy.
The granola bars I did not have a coupon for but I figured that we love our quick grab and go snacks so they wouldn't go to waste.

I noticed that a lot of the packages I bought has Boxtops for Education on them. Big Girl probably contributes less than her other classmates to the Boxtops jar because I just don't buy name brand unless it's on a great sale. But, she'll have a handful soon. That should make her happy since she loves putting them in the jar. And those Campbell's labels are another bonus to put in the school collection box.


Pizza Hut is giving away a free personal pizza to students at our preschool who read at least eight books. Big Girls is so excited about earning a free pizza I don't think I'll have to remind her to pick out a book at bedtime. We checked out a few books for her list at the library today to help spur us on.

So, far it's been a good day.

1 comment:

The Frugal Shrink said...

Aw, I loved the Book It program when I was in school and earning that personal pan pizza. :) Also, I love those junky pizza rolls. I haven't had any in a long time, but for .20 they are worth it. ;)

Google