Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Aldi- What a nice store

We did have a few problems using our check card from our credit union in Italy. Mostly it was due to the time difference and the bank maintenance hour being the morning rush in Rome. And I perhaps should have called the bank to let them know that we had returned to the US- even though- I called them twice to remind them of our departure and return dates.

I guess it shouldn't have surprised me when my debit card was denied at Aldi but I was. Wow, I hadn't had that happen since I was a credit silly college student with no money. I was so embarrassed and scared that perhaps my credit info was being misused.
The cashier was so nice about it- even as I'm turning beat red, with a fussy toddler in tow and a line up of people behind me. He let me leave the store with the full cart (with my boy in the front seat) and push it next door to the ATM. But, that didn't work either. After my defeated return he simply kept my receipt and pushed my full cart into the cooler and told me to come back after I'd ran to the bank. I drove across town to my credit union (and was getting irritated because I was reminded that I should have called to tell them I was going out of the country- ARGH.) and got the problem fixed. With my fist full of fresh twenties I made it back to the Aldi just in time to reclaim my cart, pay for my stuff, and still be on time for preschool pick up. And he was so nice again. No big deal. Just pay when you can. Wow. I love Aldi.

Thank You Allen.. you made my day brighter.

No comments:

Google