Friday, March 7, 2008

Eggs in a basket.

Do you need to fill an Easter basket or two? My local Goodwill had a ton of baskets for sale. Most of them were a dollar or two. They had shredded paper grass in baggies for .19 cents and a dozen plastic eggs for about the same. There was other packaged goodies that I didn't price and Paas egg coloring kits for .49 cents.
I bought a bag of cellophane Easter goodie bags for .30 cents to fill and send to my nieces.




I bought a mini Radio Flyer wagon for my son at Goodwill a few months ago. I've saved it to use as his Easter basket.

I bought a fancy Easter basket for Big Girl today that I will use in her closet for storage after Easter.


When Target had their dollar area stuff on a 75% off sale we picked out four items apiece for my twin nieces. I'm going to fill four plastic eggs for each with some leftover birthday party candy and put them in the cellophane baggies and send them on their way.

Scholastic books frequently has a .95 cent book in their mini catalog. I buy one or two every time to save for cheap gifts and fillers.

This year I bought new Bible story books for each kid at Wal-Mart because they had exactly what I wanted. But, in the past I have found great books at the Goodwill for .35 cents.

I bought a package of cheap jelly beans for .50 cents and a package of Reese's Peanut butter eggs for the candy. I'm also going to fill their eggs with change from my wallet. They love feeding their piggy banks so much and I don't have to deal with the extra candy or a junky plastic toy.

I stockpiled small sized art supplies from clearance racks over the past year to add to their baskets instead of toys too.

Since I bought new books and I spent a few dollars on their 'baskets' (which will be very usable after Easter) I wasn't exactly frugal this year. I spent about $10-15 dollars on each child. But, I'm also trying to bypass the extra clutter and get functional items instead.

No comments:

Google