Friday, January 18, 2008

What plans? Rolling with the punches.

Today was going to be my cleaning day. Today I was going to drop both of the kids off at school and the sitters. I had no appointments- No chores at preschool- No errands to run. I was going to come home, turn on my dance music and scrub, sweep, unload, reload, wash, you name it.. for two blessed hours.

And then my sleepy heads told me there was something wrong when they were both fast asleep at 7:30. Little Guy has been nursing a cold for a few days and today was no better. My Big Girl woke up with a slight fever and a nagging cough. No school or sitter today.

Time to re-group. They are both very sweet and docile when they don't feel good. I hate it when they are sick but it's the one benefit from it all. Who knows? Maybe they are the same and I just feel more nurturing. Either way- today I'm not getting my whole house cleaned like I wanted. I think I'll settle for straightening the kitchen while Little Guy naps.

I promised Big Girl that we'd clean off the kitchen table for water coloring. Right now my kitchen table is a flurry of junk mail, kid art pages, and the bulky Breadman Breadmaker that I received from Freecycle.

Gotta go get some tissues for Big Girl and get started on the kitchen.

I just received a picture of Pluto the Robot and his home. I think I'll help her label it so we can show Daddy.
Life is good. I can always clean later right?

No comments:

Google