Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stuck at home frustrations

I don't know what's up with me. This isn't the first day I've spent at home with the kids. Maybe it's the fact that I'm stuck here with a dead car battery and missing keys. I feel panicky. I hadn't realized how much clutter we have been amassing since our last freecycle donation go round.

Doesn't help that hubby brought up all of our old baby gear (swing, exersaucer, bouncer, etc) after he took the Christmas decorations downstairs. Yes, it is time to get rid of them but the previously empty space if filled with never to be used by us again remnants of our children's previous infancy.

So, I freecycle listed the stuff that we researched and found we couldn't sell well on Craigslist. That should get rid of half of it.
I also listed up extra throws that we were storing that never get used. Seems like someone gives me a throw for a gift every year. Unwanted Christmas decor and two outgrown jackets of Big Girls are one their way out too.

I guess I'm never going to have the patience to save for a garage sale. Oh well.
It's not finding my keys but it's doing something productive.

Oh, someone just emailed me about the baby stuff for a low income woman's group. Yay!

1 comment:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I'm already starting to sort all our *junk* for a garage sale our subdivision has each summer. Last year, we took in over $500 and donated the rest. It felt SO GOOD. And here I am another year later with MORE CRAP. *le sigh*.

I hope that battery is fixed soon.

Google