Tuesday, December 25, 2007

On Christmas Day in the Morning



My purposeful scaling back on Christmas spending was not apparent this morning during the unwrapping party. I spent quite a bit less than normal by purchasing some secondhand presents and by hoarding small trinkets during the last few months.
It worked and I'm definitely going to duplicate it again. Big Girl is thrilled with her two dollar garage sale castle (with new batteries). The Veggie Tales toy set was on clearance for 2.99 online at KBToys.

This was our first year doing Christmas crackers in stockings. It was a hit so I think I'll be doing that again next year too. I filled the crackers with bulk thrifted trinkets and Halloween candy.

Now we're off to Grandma's house for more presents (and food). I'm taking homemade cheese balls, an Impossibly Easy Coconut pie, and extra Christmas baking goodies.

Wishing you all abundant Christmas blessings.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Looks like you did really well!

We love doing the crackers--it adds a lot of fun to the morning and fills up the stocking without needing too much candy.

Google