Monday, November 5, 2007

A Thankful Heart.. A Full Pantry... Blessings to share

Today I had a blessed two hours alone to visit the dr's office(check up and flu shot)and run through Aldi to get some needed supplies. I realized after running out of both butter and margarine and cleaning out the fridge that it might be time to re-stock the larder.

So, I did have a list but I was in a hurry. And I dislike going to our Aldi because it's hard to get in and out of there with kids... with the cart return, the box/bag issue and the speed with which you have to maneuver through the check out. Anyway, I traveled the aisles at a leisurely (but still fairly fast) pace and filled the cart. Thinking of the food pantry drop off and of our own upcoming holiday feast I went ahead and bought extra stuff. So, today I spent more than I have ever spent at Aldi... $62.60. Can you imagine how much I would have spent at a regular grocery store for the same products?

And now I have canned pumpkin, cranberry stuffing mix, green beans, and gravy mix to add to our neighborhood Food Pantry box.

1 comment:

SAHMmy Says said...

If you itemize on your tax return, consider paying for food donations with a separate transaction--the amount of the donation is tax deductible, and it makes totalling your real grocery spending easier.

Google