Saturday, November 3, 2007

$25 dollars for a Charitable cause

Today there was a 'donation' rummage sale at the local high school for a young girl who has cancer.

We got there half an hour before closing time and there was still plenty of good stuff to choose from.


I picked through many piles of children's clothes and stuffed a big Gap bag full. Some of it will be passed to another little girl we know who's parents are having a hard time financially. The rest will get stored away for my own children.



We did pretty good staying away from toys (even though there was a huge Barbie jet liner that looked vintage from my childhood.) I picked up a few paperbacks for the kids and two Shrek 3 toys that we missed from the McDonald's happy meal days. I also found a Magnadoodle to replace our worn out and warped one. Oh, and I couldn't resist this floral tray.




I also found a few more Christmas tins, a cute basket, two pretty little plates, and a pretty framed floral print. The Krispy Kreme box was sort of an accident. I was just going to buy one.. but, they wanted me to take a whole box. They had many boxes left over. So, for five dollars I took a partially empty one. Good for the cause, bad for my hips.



And then there's this skateboard that Big Girl couldn't resist. She begged both of us for it. Even though it's a training one I see lots of scraped knees when I look at it. Daddy however saw no problem and I gave in. I'm probably going to regret it before long.

2 comments:

Tread Softly said...

Maybe there are some good knee-pads and kiddie helmets at a nearby Goodwill? My parents were good at buying me the safety equipment before letting me on my Rollerblades or skateboard...then I would feel too do dorky and embarrassed to actually leave the house.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, that was sincerely nice of you to do. I'm betting that skateboard will be a HUGE hit (literally). :)

Google