Monday, November 5, 2007

Sometimes I annoy myself

I'm having one of those days. You know one of those days when you just want to take out your credit card and scream, "Charge"?

I took a trip to Wal-Mart today because they are the only store I know that sells these awesome Dura Bibs. I needed an extra for Little Guy because we always seem to be running short. And I picked two or three more for baby gifts. They make great, inexpensive baby shower gifts.

Well, anyway we almost made it out of the baby section until I spied the clearance Halloween clothes. I couldn't resist so I picked out a suitable sweatshirt that will fit Big Girl next year and this year's Big Girl sweatshirt is going into Little Guy's closet for next year.
Tonight after reading the current Frugal Hacks comments I wistfully happened to be searching through the Hanna Andersson website looking at their clearance clothes. I was longing to put this cute pumpkin shirt in the 'cart' because well, it was only ten dollars. Ten dollars is pretty good for Hanna Andersson. And then I remembered... I spent .75 cents on a sweatshirt for next year already.
And .75 is a price I can live with.

4 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Those DuraBibs are great, aren't they? I love 'em! And that deal on the sweatshirt? You couldn't make it or buy it used for that!!

Meredith said...

Good for you! I don't worry about quality too much when it comes to special seasonal clothes. That way, I don't have to feel guilty about donating them to the thrift store immediately afterward.

Tread Softly said...

Every time I buy small treats and snacks, like a soda and chips at the convenience store, I can't help but wonder what great quality clothes I could be buying at the thrift store next door for the same price...

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Oh Good.. I though this post would annoy people.. Hee hee.
But, yeah. I was having a hard time that day with my frugality. Do you ever feel like that.. like sometimes you just want stuff and don't want to worry about the price all the time?
I don't too often but sometimes the constant 'price per wow' factor just wears on you. Sometimes my inner brat throws a money tantrum and common sense just takes a nap.

Google