Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Banana Bread Factory and Taking Rainbows where you find them

`

Because of the fortuitous purchase of a jumbo brown bag of sale bananas and my husband's 'food day' at work tomorrow, I decided to crank out some banana bread. Yes, I admit it, I reuse aluminum pans. By reusing the 8x8 pan I haven't had to buy a real one for two years.
*Note to hubby.. I could probably use a good 8x8 pan for Christmas (oh, and don't forget the fuzzy socks I asked for)

I used Aldi's version of Bisquick. The really yummy recipe I used for the bread is on the back of the box. It's a $1.19 a box and I think it tastes better than Bisquick. The sugar and walnuts were bought in bulk from Costco. All other ingredients came from my shopping trip to Aldi yesterday.

As I type I can smell it baking. Yum. I'm wondering if I can freeze a pan or two to save for the holidays.


This little rainbow prism was on the stairs as I came down this morning. I think it's going to be a good day.

No comments:

Google