Saturday, November 24, 2007

Leftover Alchemy- Thanksgiving style


After dinner tonight I took out the fresh cranberry sauce and leftover sweet potato casserole and mushed each container up for fresh sweet bread.

I followed the banana bread recipe (substituting cranberry and sweet potatoes for bananas) on the back of the Aldi baking mix box- I mixed up one pan of pecan sweet potato and one of cranberry walnut. The sweet potato was a little thick so I added a half cup of reconstituted instant milk.

A nice slathering of cinnamon sugar and a few pecans/walnuts went on top.

I have just enough cranberries leftover for a nice cranberry pancake batter tomorrow morning.
Then all that is left of our Thanksgiving feast is a half cup of mushroom gravy. Maybe it would be good on top of baked potatoes tomorrow.

No comments:

Google