Saturday, November 24, 2007

Not so smug.


The house is a wreck. Dishes piled in the sink. Dishwasher full of clean dishes to be put away. Toys everywhere. Papers (especially 'artwork' from the preschooler and toddler) everywhere.

Where do I start?

My To-Do list is growing. I hadn't yet made an appointment for our holiday pictures at Target and just an hour ago the line (filled with impatient parents and cranky children) made me pause and wonder if I should even bother this year. Can't we just take a cute picture of the kids ourselves and chop the 4x6's up into two shots and use a free digital print coupon? What about the cute holiday dresses that I bought for Big Girl? Fine. I'll buy a poinsettia or two and plop the kids in their finery in front of our fireplace and try to snap a good picture. Just thinking about that makes me want to call Target right now and get our appointment. Ugh.

The annual Christmas letter. We need to start it. What to write? What has happened in the past year that's worthy of being noted? I have a feeling this years letter might be quite succinct.

Gotta get rid of the lingering pumpkins on the front porch and drag out the Christmas decor.

Must vacuum the floor where we're going to put the tree. How do I keep Little Guy from demolishing it daily? ( I don't. I just redecorate every night after he goes to sleep and start over again the next day).

Must address Christmas letters.. where did we put the Christmas letter stationary?

And wrapping all of the stuff.. And mailing all of the stuff. And baking all of the stuff.

I need a nap just thinking about it. So much for a simpler Christmas.. I already feel overwhelmed.
First stop dishwasher.

No comments:

Google