Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Christmas at Big Lots and Spoiling my Inner Brat

After I dropped Big Girl off at preschool, I dropped by Big Lots. I love going there when they first open and the store is pretty empty and I have my pick in a nice quiet environment. Well, if you don't consider a whining 22 month old sitting in the front of the cart squealing, grabbing my shirt and saying, "Go, Go, Go." He's definitely a boy.. he hates shopping.

After positive feedback about the coffee I bought my Dad, I found some Peppermint flavored to add to his Christmas presents. I also bought another for my Father in Law who likes fancy coffees but won't buy them for himself. He's getting a goody bag for Christmas full of socks (dress and athletic), snacks, a new belt, and fancy coffees. He doesn't spend any money on himself.



I also picked up an amaryllis bulb for my Grandma who is -not doing well-. She's almost 90 so I guess that's to be expected. But, what do you buy for someone who needs very little and unfortunately needs nothing of permanence? I thought perhaps a nice flower would brighten her room at my Aunt's house. I hope so. I'm also going to buy her a box of sugar free Whitman's candies because she has a major sweet tooth.




I also indulged my inner brat this morning by buying myself some new make-up. It's been a long time since I've gotten new make up so I knew my mascara and foundation needed replacing. It's not like I wear it everyday.. most days I'm lucky to slick on some chap stick before I head out with the kids. But, this was my splurge.

No comments:

Google