Friday, November 2, 2007

8 Things Meme

Crazy 8's Meme and Blog Bling!

Sahmmy says tagged me for this Meme.


8 things I'm passionate about

1. Raising nice, healthy, happy, Christian children in a happy home.
2. Family dinner together every night... even if it's just Mac-N-Cheese.
4. Reading... blogs, books, etc.
3. Family... I talk to my Mom almost daily and we see my in-laws frequently.
5. Vacations. I love to travel with my husband.
6. Hot Chocolate with some instant coffee.. every morning. Beats Starbucks.
7. Chocolate... with peanut butter or coconut preferably
8. Having a loving relationship with the best guy I know.. my beloved Husband.

8 things I say often

1. Get -off of- the table.
2. Excuse me? Who do you think you are talking to?
3. Where does that go when you're done with it?
4. Please stop (yelling, squeeling, yodeling, etc.)
5. No throwing food.
6. Thank God you're home. (to my husband) Or sometimes it's "Tag! You're it."
7. Did you wipe, flush, wash your hands after you went potty?
8. Don't make me chase you.. you smell like poop! (to the little guy)

8 books I've read recently (Not counting the thousand Dr. Seuss, Sandra Boynton, and David Shannon books I read daily right?)

1. Currently Reading- Mary Hunts' "Debt-Proof the Holidays."
2. Also Currently Reading-- Mike Yorkey's "21 days to a thrifty lifestyle : a proven plan for beginning new habits"
3. Another Currently Reading- Robbi Courtaway's "Spirits of St. Louis II : (return of the Gateway City ghosts)"
4. Just finished- Katherine Ramsland's "Ghost: Investigating the Other Side" (eh)
5. Nora Ephron's "I feel bad about my neck" (very eh)
6. Melissa Nathan's "The Nanny" (decent read)
7. Laura Moriarty's "The Center of Everything" (excellent)
8. Sue Monk Kidd's "The Mermaid Chair" (ok)

8 things I want to do before I die

1. Pay off my mortgage.
2. See my children graduate high school, college, get married to decent kind people and have a child or two.
3. See Scotland.
4. Lose weight.
5. Live happily (with enough money) in retirement.
6. Downscale to a smaller house with some acreage maybe after the kids are gone.
7. Make seitan.
8. Visit my friends in Kansas City.. eat At Hein Vuong Restaurant again and see the Thomas Hart Benton's that I miss.

8 songs I can listen to over and over again

1. "Yellow"-- Innocence Mission (Glow)
2. "Lost Cause"-- Beck (Sea Change)
3. "Good Good Things"-- Descendents (Somery)
4. "As Far as you can Go"-- The Devlins (Drift)
5. "Come on Eileen" -- Dexy's Midnight Runners
6. "Sweet Jane"-- Cowboy Junkies
7. "Not a Pretty Girl"-- Ani Difranco
8. "Reflecting Light"-- Sam Philips

(I have more... Sparks/ Angst in my Pants-- Tracy Chapman/ For You.. and all of Lucinda Williams Car Wheels album.)

8 things that attract me to my friends--first 4 are for best friends, second half for playgroup pals.

1. Humbleness
2. Wit
3. Genuine-ness
4. Flexibility
5. Morality
6. Laid Back
7. Comfortable in their own skin
8. Un-flakiness


8 things I learned in the last year

1. I'm getting old faster and faster.
2. Children grow so fast.
3. No one loves you like your own parents.
4. Boys can be fun!
5. My girl is good at gymnastics.
6. Coupons don't always save money.. sometimes they just waste time.
7. I need down time everyday... even if it's only fifteen minutes.
8. That I miss visiting my Grandma in her own house.



If you just finished reading this and it seems like an enjoyable waste of twenty minutes to you... TAG! Your turn to Meme.

2 comments:

SAHMmy Says said...

Wow you're fast! Thanks for playing! Can't believe I left "Come on Eileen" out--it's definitely on the short list of my favorite songs ever! I love Mary Hunt--her Freedom Account gave me the idea to put subcategories in my budget.

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Actually, I keep thinking of songs... right now I'm listening to Robert Plant's "Ship of Fools" which is a perpetual favorite.

Google