Monday, October 22, 2007

What I know right now....

I was a bit sad as I kissed my sweetie goodbye this morning as I rushed out the door to get the kids to their functions. He's going out of town for a few days and he looked so nice in his new clothes I hated to see him leave. It's always hard when he's out of town. I think as the kids get older and more self sufficient it will be easier.
The weather was sunny and suitably chilly this morning for our nice school trip to the local pumpkin farm. After a hayride through the vegetable patch, time in the play area (with a corn maze that we had fun racing through), and a quick trip through a haunted blow up house, Big girl and I both got to pick out a small pumpkin to bring home. So far we've collected four pumpkins and only one we've purchased.I treated my girl to a ladies lunch out and we both had a good time. I love having a little girl. As I clipped and painted her nails a lovely shade of sparkly mauve this afternoon I felt so blessed that I had another little 'woman' to share things with.



I love my Little Guy till I'm stupid and while I joy at him choosing to practice flying airplanes and rolling trains across the carpet, I'm so glad to have someone to share girly stuff with too. I think my husband feels the same way about his Little Guy.


One last thing before I go to get my Little Guy.... I cannot say enough about how much I appreciate my ten cent packets of marigold seeds. Next year I'm skipping any alluring containers of pansies, begonias, impatiens, and colleus and going straight to my hoard of marigold seeds.


No comments:

Google