Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I've Been Booed?

A few years ago I noticed that Target was selling Booing kits to give to your neighbors and I rolled my eyes and thought, "Great, one more way to spend money."

Well, last night as I was getting my babies ready for bed I heard the doorbell ring. My heart jumped a little as my sweetie is on a business trip and I wasn't expecting anyone. Anybody who knows me well knows that I get my kids to bed by 8 and that's the end of my day.
So, while my Big Girl hopped around in her pajamas waving her toothbrush, excited about who might be on the other side of the door, I cautiously checked the peep hole and turned on the porch light. No one was there. Weird.

Ok, so I waited a few seconds and carefully opened the door. I found a treat bag filled with a plastic Halloween drinking cup brimming with candy, a wooden pumpkin decoration, an orange votive candle, and a note informing me that I've been booed and I need to make two of my own boo bags. Why am I not joyful? Why do I feel like I've got one more thing I need to do now.
But, I think maybe this year I'll play along. I think I can do this without spending any money.
I surely have some bags that I can use instead of buying some. I have a lot of Halloween candy in my bowl waiting for the big day. I have a few non-Halloween colored candles I could use.
So, mine might be a more humble Boo bag but for this year.. I'll play along. Maybe.

No comments:

Google