Sunday, October 14, 2007

Magic Milkshakes

For a few days I've had to be the strong one whenever we pass a Lion's Choice (10 cent kiddie cones) or a Culvers (yummy decadent frozen custard) because Hubby was having cravings for a creamy treat. Normally I'd be all for that because I have a major sweet tooth and I love me some frozen creamy dairy. But I've enjoyed making more of our food from scratch and have not felt that satisfied with our latest restaurant outings.

So, for a few days I've been telling him I'm making him some Magic Milk Shakes from the Hillbillyhousewife site. I was a bit leery of the oil because it does sound yucky. But, it worked and everyone loved them. The instant milk gave only a vague hint to it's presence.

Yeah! Now I know what to do when someone cries for ice cream and I don't feel like going to the grocery store or the drive thru. I just have to keep my pantry stocked well.

No comments:

Google