Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Booing Back on the Cheap

Ok, so I 'm going to reciprocate by doing this Boo thing to two more neighbors. This year.

I managed to scrounge up enough goodies to make two decent but humble 'boo bags' because I'm a packrat when it comes to gift wrap and ribbons.

I took a trip to our scary cluttered basement and raided my birthday party box (with collected favors, unused party paraphenalia, goodie bags, balloons etc) to find two unused party favor bags from Big Girls third birthday party. We went with an orange color scheme that year to match her dinosaur cake.



I decorated the bag with a sharpie marker and three Halloween stickers. I took apart a Halloween notepad and made two little ones out of it with a hole punch and some thin black elastic ribbon. For a 'nice' adult goody I took some cinnamon spice potpouri in fall colors and a scented tea light and put them in a baggie. For any kidlets I added some candy from our Halloween bowl, two McDonald's treat coupons and one plastic spider (leftover from our clearance bag of spider webbing) in a sandwich bag and tied it with some leftover goldenrod rick rack. I wrapped them up in some recycled orange tissue and put them in their gift bags.





As you can tell, I'm not the worlds best bow maker but I think it will get the job done.
I'm doubtful this is the start of a new tradition for us. I'm thinking it will be a novelty and perhaps a bit fun for this year. I'm sure what the total cost of my boo bags are since the only thing I purchased specifically for this was the McDonald's coupons and I have a lot leftover for my own trick or treater(s).
I'm going to say 2.00 total.

1 comment:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, your Boo bags look SO NICE compared to the ones I constructed! Yours are so artsy and professional looking!

Google