Monday, September 3, 2007

Milk money.

Hubby and I spent many weeks before children never having to buy milk. Neither of us likes to drink it and we'd use rice milk on our cereal and sometimes in our cooking. I always had powdered milk on hand in a cooking pinch.

Now with two little ones who love milk and it helps their little growing bodies, we are stuck buying the stuff. My daughter will not drink soy or even powdered milk. I've tried hiding it with chocolate syrup and powder- but no deal.
And now my son needs whole and she drinks fat free. We try to buy organic but at five dollars a gallon it just gets so expensive. I spent 3.39 at a discount grocer last night for regular old skim. What's the deal?

I've taken to making up a few cups of powdered for cooking (no one notices thankfully) just to stretch the milk further.

No comments:

Google