Saturday, September 8, 2007

Goings on

We're all getting ready for the day. Baby boy is napping after breakfast, big girl is cleaning up her toy room mess, Hubby is showering and I'm taking a minute to regale you with the minutiae of our goings on.

Breakfast was the last of my Aunt Jemima Complete pancake mix that I bought from Big Lots for 1.30, a Betty Crocker hash brown mix (bought on sale for one dollar during a moment of consumer weakness), and three eggs. Including the drinks of cocoa and milk, I don't think it cost more than 2 dollars.

As soon as everyone is ready and awake we're stopping at one garage sale where I hope to pick up a few cheap paperbacks to use for the Paperback Swap.
I joined yesterday and I've already sent off my first two books and ordered four more.
Then we have to stop by the Goodwill to return a cd player that doesn't work.
And later today we have a parade to go to in town with lots of kids activities.

Other than that we have nothing planned for this weekend. It's kinda nice.

I spent 27.00 at Save-A-Lot yesterday. I bought two or three impulse purchases. My son got a new bathtub book, my daughter got a new Garfield hand soap with a cute little Garfield in the bottle (that I intend to refill with watered down discount liquid), and I got two more ten cent spices (Allspice and whole cloves). I used a 20.00 gift certificate that I bought for myself a few months ago so the total out of pocket was less than 8 dollars.
Earlier in the week though I spent 10 dollars on Preschool snacks (caprisuns bought with coupon, small raisin boxes, and individually wrapped cheese).

Now it's time to get ready for the day.

No comments:

Google