Tuesday, September 18, 2007

File this under "At Least I tried"


I had planned on using up one of our pantry staples of Generic ()burger Helper. It's a quick meal on busy or tired days. I almost always use half a bag of Morningstar Veggie Crumbles. But, tonight our freezer has failed us; or rather I am truly running down our food supplies.
I made a last minute decision to substitute quickly reconstituted tvp. I prefer tvp in things like chili and sloppy joes so this is new. It looks weird and since I used powdered milk it has that telltale 'instant' smell. Maybe it's a case of too many substitutes. We'll see how it tastes.

As for the sad pan of bread- it was a box of bread machine mix that I found in the pantry. I followed the conventional method and it just didn't rise.

And in case you were wondering I rounded out with leftover green beans and a leftover bit of no bake jello dessert.

1 comment:

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Everyone gobbled this up. Apparently I'm the only one who thought there was anything wrong with it. Great! I'll take that anyway.

Google