Monday, September 24, 2007

Deals and Thrifts


Well, I resorted to going to Deals today instead of the Dollar Tree that just closed down. It isn't as good but I guess that's ok since that saves me $.

I still spent 12$. I was having a hard time deciding what to put in a little boy's birthday card for a token gift. Our big girls best friend from our old town just turned six so we had to send him a little something. I settled on Spiderman tattoos and a bookmark. The whoopee cushion wouldn't fit in there. Yes, I bought a whoopee cushion. My husband made fun of me for it but, what little boy wouldn't love a whoopee cushion? Guess I'll have to save it for someone else. I also found some Fall themed cups and napkins to use when I help with the Fall party at preschool.
I splurged on some almond wafers and a pretty little Christmas door knob hanger for our front door. The wafer tin would make a good addition to a Christmas gift bag or basket.

Of course the best stuff came from my trip to the Goodwill. Four books, a new pair of loafers for the little guy and a 'new' Little People dinosaur (to be a 'dragon' for the Little People castle) for big girl's stocking... all for four dollars.

No comments:

Google