Saturday, August 11, 2007

Everyday is a treasure


My girl is leaving for a week tomorrow. I know I'm going to miss her and I know that she'll occasionally be sad or homesick for us. In anticipation of that I have gathered a special present for her to open everyday while she's gone.

Monday she's getting a cool Veggietales cup with a floating Bob and Larry in the bottom of it. (1 dollar from Dollar Tree). Instead of packing sippy cups for her I'm letting her go a week without one. We've relied pretty heavily on sippy cups in my house because it prevents a lot of spill messes. But, I'm trying to get her to drink out of a regular cup at the kitchen table. She's pretty good about it but she really does like to have portable drinks.

Tuesday she's getting a Candyland write on wipe off board/pen. (1 dollar from Dollar Tree). I'm hoping she'll practice her letters at Grandmas. Grandma used to be a teacher so I'm sure she'll have lots of help.

Wednesday she's getting a Bear in the Big Blue House letter workbook (1 dollar clearance at Big Lots). It has write on wipe off pages so she can use her Candyland pen.

Thursday she's getting a Eyeore paddle pall set (1 dollar from Dollar Tree). Her brother tore the ball off of her old one so this should be a nice surprise.

Friday she's getting a sequined coin purse with a beaded bracelet inside (one dollar each from you guessed it... The Dollar Tree).

Saturday I packed her a few token candies from her candy jar. Every time we get candy from a school function or a birthday party I put it in her candy jar. Every once in a while she'll ask me for a sucker or some smartees but otherwise this candy goes unnoticed. I clean out the good stuff every Halloween at put it in our candy bowl. Some of our old Halloween candy and candy jar candy was put in her pinata for her birthday party. It's always stuff that doesn't really go bad like tootsie rolls and lollipops. Chocolate does not last around this house that long.

I had fun rummaging through my hoarded wrapping paper to find odd bits to use up. I save tissue paper and gift bags too. I really love the vintage paper with the Barber Shop Quartet on it. That was unfortunately my last scrap of it.

No comments:

Google